Monday 22 July 2013

Rimmel Review ! :)

Hi beauty lovers,

So before I get into the review I would like to mention where I brought these two products from.
http://www.asos.com/Women/Beauty/Cat/pgehtml.aspx?cid=1314&via=lhn



I purchased the Rimmel stay matte powder and the Rimmel Scandalous Kohl eyeliner in Nude.
At the time they were having a 30% of sale on all Rimmel this meaning I got both of these products for $10NZ and free shipping.
I cant express enough how cheap this is for both of these products in New Zealand it really was a bargain and it came to my door within a week. Check out there website for cheap make-up :)
I did purchase both of these products with my own money.





Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
004 Nude



These arrived at my door on Friday afternoon, perfect timing as I was going out that night so it was perfect to test them! I was worried that the colour would not be right as I have never tried this powder before and didn't know my colour but when I applied it, it was the perfect colour for me. Luckily haha. I wore the Stay Matte powder over the top of my Maybelline Photo Ready foundation and it literally did stay on all night. Now i have a combination skin my T zone is quite oily where as my cheeks and corners of the nose are quite dry. I was pleased that this powder did what it says it did and took away the oiliness off my zone but the thing that impressed me the most as it did not clump around my dry patches either. The finished look I loved and can now see all the hype that has been built up over this powder. Overall this is a bargain for what you pay for it and i would highly recommend it.

Scandalous Kohl Eye-liner
Nude



Now I have wanted a Nude eye-liner for a while now and as this one was so cheap I thought why not? I applied this too my water line as Nude eye-liner is supposed to make your eyes more bright and make them appear bigger. Did this product live up to my expectations? Yes and no. I can defiantly say it stayed on my water line most of the night which was something i really liked as eye-liner doesn't usually do that for me. Yes it did make my eyes appear brighter but i found the colour a little to orangey for my liking. If the colour wasn't so range I think I wouldn't have anything bad to say about this product. Its defiantly good value for money i would just not advise this product to people with quite fair skin as it can look quite orangey on the eyes.

I hope you liked this short review. If you guys have any products you would like me to review for you, or and tutorials just anything basically leave a comment and I will gladly get onto it for you guys :)

Hope you have a good rest of the day! Talk to you soon.

Ash
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment